clauderainsrm: (Default)
[personal profile] clauderainsrm posting in [community profile] therealljidol
 The deadline to both the first prompt AND to sign up for this season is TOMORROW at 7PM ET:   therealljidol.dreamwidth.org/1224892.html  and  therealljidol.dreamwidth.org/1219874.html

A
s of the moment I'm typing this, there are 95 comments but 2 of those (Darlena and Fully) are tentative!  I know of at least one person who will wait until the very last second to post his intent. So that's 93, maybe 94.   IF we have over 100 contestants for the season, there will be 3 byes. If we have under that, there will be 2. 

So, drag your old Idol friends into the mix! Drag your new friends in!  Use this as an example to others that if they DON'T want to be dragged behind your car, that maybe they should just sign up!!
                                                            ***

Movies I watched this weekend (because I know you were on the edge of your seat wondering): 

Steel Magnolias - I'd somehow never saw it before. I thought that I had, because it always seemed so familiar. But there is no way that I wouldn't have remembered that movie!! (it's back in theatres because of Dolly's death) 

TEST -  This was part of the TIGLFF festival. I had to look that up, and now I'm going to look up what that actually stands for - 
Ah, that makes sense Tampa Bay International Gay & Lesbian Film Festival.   I knew it was something like that.  Three things I learned from this - (1) This movie was incredible. People should see it (2) Competitive body building makes even less sense as something people do than it did before I saw this movie  (3) TIGLFF audiences will "WOO!!!" and giggle like middle school kids at any and every sex scene.  They are equal opportunity "WOO"ers, which is nice. 

If I Go, Will They Miss Me:  Yeah. Not even sure how to describe it other than "Go see it" 

Hope - Second time seeing it. Even better on the rewatch in a lot of ways. Probably because the parts that people online were getting confused about seem to be pretty well spelled out and now that I can see how they were set up, I'm able to answer some of them!  Although they changed at least 3 words of dialogue in the translation between the sneak preview and release. It helped clarify a couple point and changed a character's direct reference to the name of the movie to an indirect one. :)  I'm sure people had thought it was cheesy, but I hadn't minded it. 

The Musical - The dedication at the very end of the credits was "To our theatre teachers - who taught us the power of spite!"  That pretty much sums up this movie. Dark. Funny. Maybe not as dark or funny as it could have gone given the subject manner. But just enough of both for me to enjoy it.  There is zero chance this movie will be in theaters next week, I'm kind of shocked it's in them at all, much less mainstream ones. 

  ***
What did YOU do this weekend?

Date: 2026-09-21 01:33 pm (UTC)
gardeningatnight: (Default)
From: [personal profile] gardeningatnight
This weekend I hatched an elaborate scheme to teleport into your apartment while you are at the movies so I can steal your cookies.

(no subject)

From: [personal profile] gardeningatnight - Date: 2026-09-21 01:41 pm (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

From: [personal profile] gardeningatnight - Date: 2026-09-21 02:29 pm (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

From: [personal profile] gardeningatnight - Date: 2026-09-21 03:04 pm (UTC) - Expand

Date: 2026-09-21 01:38 pm (UTC)
n3m3sis43: (Default)
From: [personal profile] n3m3sis43
Weird, that's also what I did this weekend!

(no subject)

From: [personal profile] gardeningatnight - Date: 2026-09-21 01:40 pm (UTC) - Expand

Date: 2026-09-21 01:38 pm (UTC)
n3m3sis43: (Default)
From: [personal profile] n3m3sis43
Darlena and Fully! Join ussssssss...

We need to get 100 people signed up, I won't make it without that third bye.

Do multiple sign ups for the same person count as multiple contestants? Asking for a friend rival character alt who probably definitely wouldn't be welcome in this competition. I can't imagine I'd even have it in me to write for two different accounts anyway, but it amuses me to consider the possibility.
Edited Date: 2026-09-21 01:39 pm (UTC)

Date: 2026-09-21 01:40 pm (UTC)
n3m3sis43: (Default)
From: [personal profile] n3m3sis43
Oh, and to answer your question Gary, if I manage to turn in an Idol post it might be about what I did over the weekend. So for now, I'll just say I'm in Vermont for a few days and it's absolutely lovely.

(no subject)

From: [personal profile] n3m3sis43 - Date: 2026-09-21 01:45 pm (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

From: [personal profile] roina_arwen - Date: 2026-09-21 02:01 pm (UTC) - Expand

Date: 2026-09-21 01:47 pm (UTC)
pixiebelle: (Default)
From: [personal profile] pixiebelle
I have a question… someone told me that my format on my post is very narrow and difficult to read. To me, it looks normal on my phone and computer. I have no idea what I’m doing, so is there anyone who can help me be sure my post format is readable? If it looked too narrow to you, do you mind checking as I adjust the settings that I fixed it? Because it’s hard for me to know if it looks normal to me lol

As far as what I did this weekend - I spent yesterday with the in-laws. I can understand most of the conversation but my French speaking is not great yet. They said it was good though. They asked me about my writing and I managed to form a few coherent sentences so I consider that a win (I’m at an intermediate level but it’s still hard).

Then I worked through some things that are bothering me with my novels with my husband. I’m still mapping out the changes. It’s wild how changing something small has a ripple effect throughout the entire series…
Edited Date: 2026-09-21 01:47 pm (UTC)

Date: 2026-09-21 02:21 pm (UTC)
gardeningatnight: (Default)
From: [personal profile] gardeningatnight
Your entry looked fine when I read it on my computer, and looked fine a few minutes ago when I checked on my phone.

There was an entry (I forget which now) that I was going to try reading on my phone that was formatted too wide, though, and I would have had to scroll sideways on my phone to read, so I just noped out of there. (It wasn’t one of yours, to be extra clear, just noting that I’d actually prefer a little narrow to the dreaded side scroll)

(no subject)

From: [personal profile] pixiebelle - Date: 2026-09-21 02:25 pm (UTC) - Expand

Date: 2026-09-21 02:00 pm (UTC)
From: [personal profile] krispykritter
Steel Magnolias is a great movie! I must rewatch!
Beside writing my entry there wasn't much of excitement this weekend. We did take a trip to go to a sculpture garden that my husband had not seen. I'd been there a long time ago. It's a pretty cool place.
Other than that it was doing the mundane things around the house and reading.

Date: 2026-09-21 02:00 pm (UTC)
roina_arwen: Darcy wearing glasses, smiling shyly (Default)
From: [personal profile] roina_arwen
This weekend I gave two rooster lawn ornaments (I think they are about 18” tall) scrubble baths to get off ick and dirt so they can be primed and repainted; got my car washed; got my hair cut (it looks wispy when it gets too long, it’s about at the top of my shoulders now); got a pedicure; ran a load of laundry; and got caught up on Big Brother (which for those who don’t watch it, has two former Survivor contestants on it this season: Dee and Devans.)

Thus endeth the report of the weekend.

Date: 2026-09-21 02:26 pm (UTC)
gardeningatnight: (Default)
From: [personal profile] gardeningatnight
It’s been too long for me to remember whether I ever did that, and I can’t do it now because I don’t remember enough about how people wrote to come up with comparisons.

My archetype is probably “nerdy excited spazz who overthinks.”

Is that even an archetype?

(no subject)

From: [personal profile] pixiebelle - Date: 2026-09-21 02:27 pm (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

From: [personal profile] banana_galaxy - Date: 2026-09-21 03:35 pm (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

From: [personal profile] pixiebelle - Date: 2026-09-21 04:00 pm (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

From: [personal profile] banana_galaxy - Date: 2026-09-21 04:06 pm (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

From: [personal profile] banana_galaxy - Date: 2026-09-21 04:18 pm (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

From: [personal profile] hafnia - Date: 2026-09-21 11:16 pm (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

From: [personal profile] imafarmgirl - Date: 2026-09-22 07:33 am (UTC) - Expand

Date: 2026-09-21 02:26 pm (UTC)
muchtooarrogant: Mr. October (Mr. October)
From: [personal profile] muchtooarrogant
My weekend was pretty good. On Saturday, I ventured out with Lizbeth to do some wardrobe restock shopping. (I've been on a GLP1 for diabetes the past year, lost 50 pounds, and now nothing fits anymore.) On Sunday, we did lunch prep for the remainder of the week, and I tried to catch up on reading Idol entries. So many entries …

I also caught an interview with Aaron Sorkin, Aaron Sorkin | The Interview. He's out promoting his new movie The Social Reckoning. I've always admired Aaron's writing, and although I'll never even come close to being in his league, I was amused by some of the similarities we share, specifically the certainty every time I try and write that I'll never have another good idea again. At least I've never broken my nose writing like he has. (grin)

Dan

Date: 2026-09-21 02:30 pm (UTC)
pixiebelle: (Default)
From: [personal profile] pixiebelle
Part of me really fears finishing my novels because I’m so caught up in the world and characters and fear I’ll never feel that way about another story ever again 😂

So I absolutely get that feeling.

(no subject)

From: [personal profile] muchtooarrogant - Date: 2026-09-21 08:58 pm (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

From: [personal profile] imafarmgirl - Date: 2026-09-22 07:35 am (UTC) - Expand

Re: Carl update

Date: 2026-09-21 03:38 pm (UTC)
banana_galaxy: (Default)
From: [personal profile] banana_galaxy
It took me a very long time before my library billed me for an overdue item, but once I returned it they told me I didn't have to pay the fine. It was apparently only if I never returned it.

I was very lucky that I could walk to my library in 15 minutes though, and it was right by my train station in Oakland, so it wasn't that big a deal for me to go return things.

Re: Carl update

From: [personal profile] banana_galaxy - Date: 2026-09-21 04:11 pm (UTC) - Expand

Date: 2026-09-21 03:06 pm (UTC)
poppetawoppet: (Default)
From: [personal profile] poppetawoppet
I spent too much money on yarn at a local fiber festival.

I wrote my entry.

Now I’m at work again wondering where the time went lol

Date: 2026-09-21 04:15 pm (UTC)
scribblesinblue: a gift set of a blue quill pen with a reddish ribbon around it, an inkwell, and a box with a stylized lining (Default)
From: [personal profile] scribblesinblue
It's festival season and that is hazardous to bank accounts as well as to time!

It's good to be out and about and see people face-to-face and be able to see and touch before buying. But the FOMO outweighs the potential buyer's remorse - hence, hazardous to bank accounts.

(no subject)

From: [personal profile] gardeningatnight - Date: 2026-09-21 06:50 pm (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

From: [personal profile] imafarmgirl - Date: 2026-09-22 07:39 am (UTC) - Expand

Date: 2026-09-21 03:43 pm (UTC)
banana_galaxy: (Default)
From: [personal profile] banana_galaxy
I can guarantee that TEST will not be released where I am. Unfortunately Malaysia has a conservative government that is very homophobic, so most LGBT content is underground (although I have managed to find some gay books in stores, so it kinda depends...)

Did you/are you planning to see the new Resident Evil movie? I really enjoyed it so I've been raving to people about it, but I've also only watched one of the other films (which was meh) and never played the video games. I'm wondering how my friends who have played them will feel about it. Next up, I need to see a new Malaysian film Terbang because one of the local comedians here has rated it highly and he thinks it should be enjoyable even if you're not a fast car person. I'll try and go on Wednesday, and maybe make it a double feature with the new Detective Conan movie.

(no subject)

From: [personal profile] banana_galaxy - Date: 2026-09-21 04:06 pm (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

From: [personal profile] banana_galaxy - Date: 2026-09-21 04:15 pm (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

From: [personal profile] banana_galaxy - Date: 2026-09-21 04:26 pm (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

From: [personal profile] hafnia - Date: 2026-09-21 11:13 pm (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

From: [personal profile] imafarmgirl - Date: 2026-09-22 07:42 am (UTC) - Expand

Date: 2026-09-21 04:04 pm (UTC)
connie: (Default)
From: [personal profile] connie
I'll definitely let you know by 6:59pm tomorrow whether I'm participating. ;)

(no subject)

From: [personal profile] imafarmgirl - Date: 2026-09-22 07:44 am (UTC) - Expand

Date: 2026-09-21 04:13 pm (UTC)
scribblesinblue: a gift set of a blue quill pen with a reddish ribbon around it, an inkwell, and a box with a stylized lining (Default)
From: [personal profile] scribblesinblue
This weekend: I had to take a job-related exam, which was a bit stressful but I think it went okay. I also went to a fall festival a few hours' drive from where I live, and came back with some locally-roasted coffee, a lot of maple syrup, some scented soaps, and fun shirts made by my tie-dye friend who is still tie-dying amazing things.

I also decided which of my ideas to run with for my Idol entry, which is now posted!

Date: 2026-09-22 07:47 am (UTC)
From: [personal profile] imafarmgirl
Hope you passed the test.

Yay for tie dye and the resst. I love going to events where I can get cool stuff.

Date: 2026-09-21 04:35 pm (UTC)
thephantomq: (Default)
From: [personal profile] thephantomq
Didn't do much this weekend. Started writing a silly fake dating fic for the fun of it to get the fiction side of things moving a little (I've been blocked for weeks now). Laundry. Phone games. Hanging out with my grandmother watching Hallmark movies. Y'know, basic stuff.

Date: 2026-09-21 05:06 pm (UTC)
supremegoddessofall: (Default)
From: [personal profile] supremegoddessofall
At least one of my posts this season (should I last so long) will probably feature Steel Magnolias prominently.

Date: 2026-09-21 05:23 pm (UTC)
banyans_in_nola: (Default)
From: [personal profile] banyans_in_nola
I got my tattoo colored in on Saturday (still another session to go to finish it off but we got a lot of work done in two and a half hours!). Yellow hurt the most to get put in (white ink apparently hurts the most, so any ink that has more light than dark tones will be more painful generally). Ordered a burger to fight the tattoo flu, which helped a ton, and knocked out.

Yesterday I did house cleaning + chores body doubling phone call catch up time in the morning with a friend, who I'm visiting out in California this week! Then in the evening I went to a small local drag show that'll influence my entry. Which I have to bang out this afternoon before I'm booked solid otherwise until the deadline!

Date: 2026-09-21 10:04 pm (UTC)
xyla: (Default)
From: [personal profile] xyla
It was raining and I'm still sick so I lay in bed for most of it, also watching movies!

Date: 2026-09-21 10:11 pm (UTC)
halfshellvenus: (Default)
From: [personal profile] halfshellvenus
Fully needs to come back! Lean harder!

My weekend started off well. I finished my entry Saturday, and got a flu shot and a Covid booster. But I lost half of Sunday night and much of Sunday to the after-effects of the Covid shot. Not anywhere near as bad as it used to be (back when it was a 20 to 24-hour mini-version of the full-blown virus). But it was bad enough that none of my Sunday plans happened other than "review entry and post it" and "start reading other people's entries." :(

Date: 2026-09-22 07:51 am (UTC)
From: [personal profile] imafarmgirl
Hope the post vaccine yuckiness has ended for you.

(no subject)

From: [personal profile] halfshellvenus - Date: 2026-09-22 05:15 pm (UTC) - Expand

Date: 2026-09-22 12:36 am (UTC)
gardeningatnight: (Default)
From: [personal profile] gardeningatnight
I'm up-to-date on my reading of entries, but also, not looking forward to the last minute influx.

I know the poll will be open for a while, but just making it through the first 60 has been a LOT.

(no subject)

From: [personal profile] imafarmgirl - Date: 2026-09-22 07:55 am (UTC) - Expand

Date: 2026-09-22 01:26 am (UTC)
belgatherial: (Default)
From: [personal profile] belgatherial
Have we hit 100 yet, Gary? :P

Profile

therealljidol: (Default)
LJ Idol 20 Anniversary

September 2026

S M T W T F S
   1 2 3 45
67 8 9 1011 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27282930   

General Housekeeping

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 27th, 2026 02:46 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios