clauderainsrm: (Default)
[personal profile] clauderainsrm posting in [community profile] therealljidol
A few words from [personal profile] clauderainsrm:

It’s been 20 Years of LJ Idol and the halls have been filled with stories of times past, reunions and the forging of new friendships. It’s been absolutely great to see.

But today we start forging what THIS season is going to look like!

Take a look around. One of these people is the next LJ Idol winner. The rest of you are, at some point, going to be eliminated. That’s just the nature of the game. But you know what else is “the nature of the game”? Having fun while you are here, reading entries from talented writers and forging those relationships along the way. Oh, and of course, being kicked. My contract specifies that I need to remind you about the kickings. :)


It’s Week 1, so there is only going to be 1 person leaving us this time around. Which is the sort of thing that toward the end of the season people start grumbling with “More people should have left early on! This thing is taking forever!!” But seriously, it’s hard enough losing someone at this stage. Because we are just getting started, and someone has to go. It’s an unlucky break.

I have said though that the first 3 contestants (at least) eliminated will have a special role in this early stage of the season, impacting how it plays out. But let’s be honest, no one wants that. They want to stay in this and see how it plays out with prompts every week!

So, let’s get to it!

As I said, the contestant with the fewest votes will be eliminated.

Which means it’s up to YOU to Read, Comment and Vote for your favorites to stick around another week!!

(You can vote for as many entries as you feel like supporting. Putting that out there for the newbies)

It’s an extra-long time for a poll because it’s my birthday weekend and it was either going to be extra long, or very short. I opted for giving you more time to read!

The poll will be closing Tuesday Sept 29th at 7pm ET.

Good luck to everyone!


There was a late sign-up and this entry didn't make the poll (the bye still counts) but I would hate for anyone to miss it: https://prettybxrbiee.dreamwidth.org/614.html

The CORRECT link for [personal profile] ofearthandstars  is   https://ofearthandstars.dreamwidth.org/239230.html Obviously she will be not eligible for elimination due to this mistake. 
Poll #35107 ’Year20Week1’
Open to: Registered Users, detailed results viewable to: Just the Poll Creator, participants: 64

Vote For Your Favorites!

[personal profile] acatwhowrites's entry
15 (23.4%)

[personal profile] adoptedwriter's entry
15 (23.4%)

[personal profile] adore's entry
14 (21.9%)

[personal profile] adpazd's entry
20 (31.2%)

[personal profile] alycewilson's entry
19 (29.7%)

[personal profile] annofowlshire's entry
20 (31.2%)

[personal profile] ashelterofpages's entry
18 (28.1%)

[personal profile] banana_galaxy's entry
15 (23.4%)

[personal profile] banyans_in_nola's entry
17 (26.6%)

[personal profile] bassicallytom's entry
12 (18.8%)

[personal profile] belgatherial's entry
15 (23.4%)

[personal profile] bittyjane's entry
16 (25.0%)

[personal profile] bleodswean's entry
18 (28.1%)

[personal profile] blue_mermaid's entry
12 (18.8%)

[personal profile] bsgsix's entry
22 (34.4%)

[personal profile] chasing_silver's entry
19 (29.7%)

[personal profile] commodityfetishx's entry
12 (18.8%)

[personal profile] connie's entry
16 (25.0%)

[personal profile] copyright1983's entry
18 (28.1%)

[personal profile] definitelyodette's entry
17 (26.6%)

[personal profile] dizzydog's entry
21 (32.8%)

[personal profile] dmsj's entry
11 (17.2%)

[personal profile] dreamer_or_not21's entry
9 (14.1%)

[personal profile] drippedonpaper's entry
23 (35.9%)

[profile] emo_snal's entry
16 (25.0%)

[personal profile] eeyore_grrl's entry
15 (23.4%)

[personal profile] essoku's entry
19 (29.7%)

[personal profile] fausts_dream's entry
10 (15.6%)

[personal profile] flipflop_diva's Bye Week - Votes Will Not Count
5 (7.8%)

[personal profile] fruzicle's entry
16 (25.0%)

[personal profile] gardeningatnight's entry
24 (37.5%)

[personal profile] gnomeangel's entry
17 (26.6%)

[personal profile] goldmourn's entry
22 (34.4%)

[personal profile] gunwithoutmusic's entry
20 (31.2%)

[personal profile] hafnia's entry
22 (34.4%)

[personal profile] halfshellvenus's entry
21 (32.8%)

[personal profile] humanbeansradio's entry
23 (35.9%)

[personal profile] hwango's entry
22 (34.4%)

[personal profile] imafarmgirl's entry
12 (18.8%)

[personal profile] impoetry's Bye Week - Votes Will Not Count
4 (6.2%)

[personal profile] inchoatewords's entry
23 (35.9%)

[personal profile] jake67jake's entry
13 (20.3%)

[personal profile] joeymichaels's entry
21 (32.8%)

[personal profile] kandigurl's entry
22 (34.4%)

[personal profile] karmasoup'sentry
14 (21.9%)

[personal profile] kizzy's entry
20 (31.2%)

[personal profile] krispykritter'sentry
13 (20.3%)

[personal profile] lapis_lazuli615's entry
16 (25.0%)

[personal profile] legalpad819's entry
16 (25.0%)

[personal profile] littlebitofearth's entry
15 (23.4%)

[personal profile] marlawentmad's entry
14 (21.9%)

[personal profile] mezzomint's entry
11 (17.2%)

[personal profile] middlesp00n's entry
12 (18.8%)

[personal profile] miintikwa's entry
12 (18.8%)

[personal profile] millysdaughter's entry
11 (17.2%)

[personal profile] missspiff's entry
15 (23.4%)

[personal profile] mstrobel's entry
16 (25.0%)

[personal profile] muchtooarrogant's entry
16 (25.0%)

[personal profile] murielle's entry
21 (32.8%)

[personal profile] n3m3sis43's entry
18 (28.1%)

[personal profile] niquildrvr's entry
14 (21.9%)

[personal profile] ofearthandstars's entry
25 (39.1%)

[personal profile] onda_bianca's entry
20 (31.2%)

[personal profile] oxymoron67's entry
12 (18.8%)

[profile] p0rn_this_way's Bye Week - Votes Will Not Count
3 (4.7%)

[personal profile] penpusher's entry
9 (14.1%)

[personal profile] pixiebelle's entry
22 (34.4%)

[personal profile] poppetawoppet's entry
11 (17.2%)

[personal profile] prettybxrbiee's Bye Week - Votes Will Not Count
3 (4.7%)

[personal profile] purplepetrichor's entry
17 (26.6%)

[personal profile] rayaso's entry
18 (28.1%)

[personal profile] reidharriscooper's entry
8 (12.5%)

[personal profile] renaissanced's Bye Week - Votes Will Not Count
2 (3.1%)

[personal profile] roina_arwen's entry
13 (20.3%)

[personal profile] ryl's entry
17 (26.6%)

[personal profile] scribblesinblue's entry
10 (15.6%)

[personal profile] serpentpixie's Bye Week - Votes Will Not Count
3 (4.7%)

[personal profile] shadaras's entry
19 (29.7%)

[personal profile] shay_writes's entry
11 (17.2%)

[personal profile] simplyn2deep's entry
10 (15.6%)

[personal profile] singedsun's entry
15 (23.4%)

[personal profile] sorchawench's entry
14 (21.9%)

[personal profile] spaciireth's entry
12 (18.8%)

[personal profile] sra33's Bye Week - Votes Will Not Count
4 (6.2%)

[personal profile] strryeyedgrrl's entry
16 (25.0%)

[personal profile] supremegoddessofall's entry
20 (31.2%)

[personal profile] swirlsofpurple's Bye Week - Votes Will Not Count
4 (6.2%)

[personal profile] talonkarrde's entry
19 (29.7%)

[personal profile] theenginesshot's Bye Week - Votes Will Not Count
3 (4.7%)

[personal profile] thephantomq's entry
13 (20.3%)

[personal profile] thepythianscroll's entry
21 (32.8%)

[personal profile] theycallmepace's entry
19 (29.7%)

[personal profile] tigrkittn's Bye Week - Votes Will Not Count
4 (6.2%)

[personal profile] tonithegreat's entry
14 (21.9%)

[personal profile] troof_therry's entry
23 (35.9%)

[personal profile] whatever_nevermind's Bye Week - Votes Will Not Count
3 (4.7%)

[profile] whipchick's Bye Week - Votes Will Not Count
4 (6.2%)

[personal profile] wildtalents's Bye Week - Votes Will Not Count
3 (4.7%)

[personal profile] winter_poet's Bye Week - Votes Will Not Count
4 (6.2%)

[personal profile] wolfden's Bye Week - Votes Will Not Count
3 (4.7%)

[personal profile] xyla's entry
25 (39.1%)

[personal profile] yachiru's entry
25 (39.1%)

Date: 2026-09-23 03:13 am (UTC)
flipflop_diva: (Default)
From: [personal profile] flipflop_diva
There are only 99 comments on the sign-up page, but I count 102 people in the poll. Did we make it to 100??

Good luck to everybody this week! I look forward to reading you all!

Date: 2026-09-23 03:38 am (UTC)
humanbeansradio: (Default)
From: [personal profile] humanbeansradio
woohoo! There are a couple gone I thought were on there though... I had them on my tracker. :(

Date: 2026-09-23 06:45 pm (UTC)
muchtooarrogant: (Default)
From: [personal profile] muchtooarrogant
Yeah. I know Nichole got really busy. Which is a shame. We need more witchwife!!
That is a shame, I remember her writing. :)

Dan

Date: 2026-09-23 04:06 am (UTC)
murielle: Me (Default)
From: [personal profile] murielle
I also counted 102. Gary? :-)

Date: 2026-09-23 03:55 am (UTC)
humanbeansradio: (Default)
From: [personal profile] humanbeansradio
Oh no. I forgot what torture this is! A week to vote? Gary! ugh. *refreshrefreshrefresh*

Date: 2026-09-23 05:42 am (UTC)
bsgsix: (Default)
From: [personal profile] bsgsix
LOL, my very first thought. SEVEN DAYS??? I thought that horror was only reserved for "The Ring" (wow, I just showed my age there, so I will see myself OUT...)! :)

Date: 2026-09-23 12:32 pm (UTC)
littlebitofearth: Victorian woman portrait with three possums. (Default)
From: [personal profile] littlebitofearth
LOVE The Ring!! You are not aging yourself, you are showing that you are a connoisseur of great horror filmmaking!!

Date: 2026-09-24 12:30 am (UTC)
bsgsix: (Default)
From: [personal profile] bsgsix
LOL, well, thank you, then! (I think I'm still aging myself a BIT, since I was about 20 when that movie was in theatres, haha!) :)

Date: 2026-09-23 10:38 am (UTC)
gardeningatnight: (Default)
From: [personal profile] gardeningatnight
The downside of reading as things post.

*sigh*

Date: 2026-09-23 03:56 am (UTC)
murielle: Me (Default)
From: [personal profile] murielle
Best of luck to everyone! <3

Date: 2026-09-23 05:43 am (UTC)
bsgsix: (Default)
From: [personal profile] bsgsix
Best of luck to all involved! Time to go finish reading - I'm about 90% there, so, this will be a long week of not looking at what the poll says (and instead, just enjoying my time here, be it a week or 20 weeks)! Happy reading and voting, all! <3

Date: 2026-09-23 08:51 am (UTC)
pixiebelle: (Default)
From: [personal profile] pixiebelle
I read as most got posted so I think I’m like 98% done. So it’ll be a long week of waiting for me, but I’m glad everyone else gets time to read. My list to vote for is very long, there’s a lot of good stuff and hopefully people have time to read everything.

Date: 2026-09-23 09:33 am (UTC)
wildtalents: (Default)
From: [personal profile] wildtalents
I'm just about to head to bed (I work second shift these days), and realized, oh, crap. I figured I was out. Thank you for the bye. I will try to pay better attention to what day it is for the rest of the season.

Date: 2026-09-23 09:45 am (UTC)
gunwithoutmusic: (Default)
From: [personal profile] gunwithoutmusic
I probably should have been reading and commenting while the posts were going up... I really know better! Lol

I, for one, am glad for the long poll time so I can actually get around to doing that!

Date: 2026-09-23 11:33 am (UTC)
murielle: Me (Default)
From: [personal profile] murielle
Hi, S! Great to see you!

I do don't read until I have posted my offering. As I scraped in hours before the deadline I have my work cut out for me now, don't I? 😉

Date: 2026-09-23 11:58 am (UTC)
gunwithoutmusic: (Default)
From: [personal profile] gunwithoutmusic
Lol! Well at least I'm not "suffering" alone :D

I also usually wait until I've submitted to do any reading - but when I submitted there were only 40 and I thought to myself, 'I should knock some of these out...' but you know how life is.

It's good to see you too!

Date: 2026-09-23 12:34 pm (UTC)
littlebitofearth: Victorian woman portrait with three possums. (Default)
From: [personal profile] littlebitofearth
I’m with y’all. I don’t read till I submit and, as I’m usually screeching in on two wheels to post minutes before the deadline, I’ll be reading all week too!

Date: 2026-09-23 03:45 pm (UTC)
kandigurl: (Default)
From: [personal profile] kandigurl
I submitted early but read lazily - I read 17 “pre-poll,” lol. But hey! That’s nearly 20% done!

Date: 2026-09-23 10:51 am (UTC)
gardeningatnight: (Default)
From: [personal profile] gardeningatnight
There were some fantastic entries this week, which is so exciting for week one and portends well for the season. It was a lot to read, but the reward for doing so was worthwhile. I''m still thinking about some of the posts I read and turning them over in my head. I appreciate that, as I like to have things to think about that aren't just "I should be doing x chore" or the general anxiety thoughts.

I also really appreciate the comments I've received so far. It's a nice change from FB where I have barely any engagement most of the time.

Good luck, writing pals!

Date: 2026-09-23 11:26 am (UTC)
pixiebelle: (Default)
From: [personal profile] pixiebelle
This. I don’t know if it’s just me, but this week one was stronger than I expected. I figured everyone would need to get back into the swing of things… but no, there was some excellent entries. I think I voted for more than I normally would have in other seasons but then again, it has been awhile.

I’m loving the comments too. I’m trying to comment on everything now, but it’s hard sometimes. But the engagement has really made me happy. I miss interacting with others. Facebook has stopped showing my posts to my friends. Usually I wouldn’t get many comments over here. I’ve been using Threads and getting engagement on random posts - usually the ones that are engagement bait more than actual connection. I missed this.

Date: 2026-09-23 12:06 pm (UTC)
gardeningatnight: (Default)
From: [personal profile] gardeningatnight
Not just you. But maybe we've just been out of the arena for a while, and didn't have the chance notice the caliber increasing over the years.

One of my favorite things with the comments is seeing the different things that people pick up on or connect with in what I've written. As someone who hasn't written much of consequence in a very long time, it's really helpful to see what works for folks. And it's also been nice to see how many people enjoy the absurd. But most of all to feel like I'm not just posting into a void.

Date: 2026-09-23 02:16 pm (UTC)
humanbeansradio: (Default)
From: [personal profile] humanbeansradio
Yeah no... I also thought this would be a more soft pitch week. That's why I didn't come in hard, figuring that, like me, everyone would be coming in tentatively. Instead some of the entries actually blew me away! I am so glad I took on reading as they posted, too. I wanted to make sure to give each some breathing room and leave a comment for each. I could not have done it without my tracker though. WHEW. 102. I am impressed.

Date: 2026-09-23 03:53 pm (UTC)
pixiebelle: (Default)
From: [personal profile] pixiebelle
Yeah I really thought the combo of week one and open topic would mean a softer launch. But it feels like almost everyone hit it out of the gate this week. It made for an enjoyable time reading, and made me glad that I that I joined!

Date: 2026-09-23 06:20 pm (UTC)
halfshellvenus: (Default)
From: [personal profile] halfshellvenus
Not just you. I was truly surprised by the quality of this first week's offerings. Wow!

Date: 2026-09-23 08:21 pm (UTC)
muchtooarrogant: (Default)
From: [personal profile] muchtooarrogant
I think I voted for more than I normally would have in other seasons ...
Same here, and I'm not done reading yet. I tend to vote conservatively, but there is some really great stuff out there this week.

Dan

Date: 2026-09-23 03:46 pm (UTC)
kandigurl: (Default)
From: [personal profile] kandigurl
Dang, a lot of bye’s in the back half of the alphabet! But I am THRILLED to see sra33 and whipchick on this list! I hope they get an entry in for the next week!

Date: 2026-09-24 02:10 pm (UTC)
inchoatewords: a drawn caricature of the journal user, a brown-haired woman with glasses in a blue shirt, smiling at the viewer (Default)
From: [personal profile] inchoatewords
Glad to have some extra time to read. Recovering from a minor procedure this week and the vertigo and exhaustion has its hold on me.

Date: 2026-09-25 05:20 pm (UTC)
halfshellvenus: (Default)
From: [personal profile] halfshellvenus
I hope you're feeling better now. Those are not fun symptoms. :(

Date: 2026-09-25 08:13 pm (UTC)
inchoatewords: a drawn caricature of the journal user, a brown-haired woman with glasses in a blue shirt, smiling at the viewer (Default)
From: [personal profile] inchoatewords
I'm getting there, slowly. At least I can eat more than i was the first few days, which helps, I'm sure. I get vertigo pretty often, which sucks on its own, but post procedure it's starting up when I look down, too, which never happened before.

Date: 2026-09-27 02:42 am (UTC)
onda_bianca: (Default)
From: [personal profile] onda_bianca
I have read everyone's entries, many of them on my phone before bed...but have not had a chance to commen...I have mayyyyyyybe left comments on about third of the entries, eek! I will try to get to a few more comments before polls close. I am finding that even though I read once I have to reread before I comment so it is taking me considerably longer than expected.

Can anyone share their system?

Profile

therealljidol: (Default)
LJ Idol 20 Anniversary

September 2026

S M T W T F S
   1 2 3 45
67 8 9 1011 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27282930   

General Housekeeping

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 27th, 2026 12:16 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios