clauderainsrm: (Default)
[personal profile] clauderainsrm posting in [community profile] therealljidol
 Good Morni... by the time I post this, Afternoon!

Because of all the Sidebars, and other Green Rooms I just want to remind you of the important links: 

The Week 1 prompt is due by Tuesday Sept 22nd at 7pm ET:  therealljidol.dreamwidth.org/1224892.html    If you are able to read ahead, you probably should. Because if this season is like *thinks* pretty much every single other season, there will be a RUSH of posts at the very last minute. If you start reading early, you won't have as much to get through!   Plus it means the early folx will be getting comments and feedback while they wait! 

Sign-up is still open until the Week 1 deadline. So if you know someone, or are still on the fence, now is the time to Sign Up:  therealljidol.dreamwidth.org/1219874.html   There are 95 comments (2 of them are "maybes" though. I've left them up.) If we have more than 100 sign ups (not playing with multiple accounts before you think of it. I've already addressed that when I originally talked about this offer) - you will get 3 byes this season! (Good until the Top 20). 

I personally know at least 5 people that I've recently reminded and said they were planning on it but hadn't yet. Let's get some more newbies and veterans into Year 20! 

Speaking of multiple accounts, I did post a supplemental to the FAQ, I linked it in the last GR, but not sure people saw it. If you are playing under a different account than you did in the past - please send me an email letting me know that so I can keep track!  clauderainsrm@gmail.com  Also if you know that there will be multiple accounts from the same IP address voting.  More on the whys and wherefores over at therealljidol.dreamwidth.org/1226315.html


Declare that sort of thing ahead of time to save me having to track you down later. :) 





                ***

With that out of the way, what are you doing this weekend? 

To the shock of no one, I'll be at the movies!   I want to see Steel Magnolias (but there may be a schedule conflict, working that out)  If I Go, Will They Miss Me?, TEST, Ghost in the Shell,  maybe Hope again (that's the schedule confict), The Musical and (maybe) Runner! I just realized I missed Akira. I was really hoping to see that. I never have. 

Date: 2026-09-19 04:15 pm (UTC)
From: [personal profile] krispykritter
Hi. Still contemplating what I'm going to write. It's hard to get back into the swing of writing again.
We're going out in a little while. Bruno has a plan but he's not telling me where we're going. Other than that a quiet weekend.

Date: 2026-09-19 06:40 pm (UTC)
halfshellvenus: (Default)
From: [personal profile] halfshellvenus
Right there with you. I've never felt so rusty (not even for week 0!). It's the Open Topic that's really thwarting me. :(

(no subject)

From: [personal profile] gardeningatnight - Date: 2026-09-19 06:58 pm (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

From: [personal profile] halfshellvenus - Date: 2026-09-19 09:23 pm (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

From: [personal profile] tonithegreat - Date: 2026-09-20 11:07 pm (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

From: [personal profile] halfshellvenus - Date: 2026-09-21 12:55 am (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

From: [personal profile] drippedonpaper - Date: 2026-09-20 03:50 pm (UTC) - Expand

Date: 2026-09-19 04:17 pm (UTC)
pixiebelle: (Default)
From: [personal profile] pixiebelle
It’s evening here 😛

I canceled my own birthday plans today because I just wanted to stay home and revise my book some more. Tomorrow, we see the in-laws and it’s always super exhausting for me since it’s entirely in French. The good news is, they’ve never had the opportunity to realize how socially awkward I am because I usually can’t keep up with their conversations (usually several going at once, and by the time I formulate a response in my head, the conversation moved on).

I’ve just been too busy lately, and it’s catching up.

I’m proud of myself for reading entries as they go up. Not something I see continuing… But it’s been fun.

Edited Date: 2026-09-19 04:18 pm (UTC)

Date: 2026-09-19 04:33 pm (UTC)
murielle: Me (Default)
From: [personal profile] murielle
Send those five people a countdown, Gary. ;-)

y

Date: 2026-09-19 04:51 pm (UTC)
adpazd: (Default)
From: [personal profile] adpazd
Today is a lazy, do nothing day. Hubby is playing his online RPG for most of the day. So, while I wait for Partner J to read over my post for this, I'm gonna spend today reading, watching The Mentalist and playing Slay the Spire. Tomorrow, I'm going to a talk about consent in ENM and karaoke in the evening. A good day.

I just realized I missed Akira. I was really hoping to see that. I never have.

Seriously??! If I'd known that 30 years ago, we would have watched it. It's one of my favorites.

Date: 2026-09-19 05:27 pm (UTC)
gardeningatnight: (Default)
From: [personal profile] gardeningatnight
Happy Weekend!

I have been working hard at reading entries as they are posted, in the hopes that this week I might actually be able to comment to everyone. I've been realizing how out of practice I am on the whole talking about writing in an intelligent way. Also, really been appreciating receiving some comments on my own entry. It's always nerve wracking trying to come up with an idea and getting it posted within the allotted time; but it is also nerve wracking to release a piece of writing and be unsure how it will be received by others. So, I'm glad that at least some folks like what comes out of this weird head of mine.

I have reached out to multiple people in an attempt to drum up participation from both veterans and newbies. Alas, my influence is meager (I couldn't even convince you to call a former contestant!)

So far today, I dropped my kid to work on set building for the high school play. Went with my spouse to the dump to look for salvage wood for some art projects he's working on. Unloaded, re-loaded, and ran the dishwasher. Spent some time reading a book (Ruins, by Lily Brooks-Dalton). Also read a few Idol entries. Hoping to play some Baldur's Gate 3 later (I already completed the game a few years ago, but wanted to try a different run through). Probably need to do some laundry. Tomorrow I've got church. Maybe more reading and video gaming. Possibly a little outside time. Or not.

Date: 2026-09-19 06:14 pm (UTC)
pixiebelle: (Default)
From: [personal profile] pixiebelle
I really enjoyed your piece. It’s one of my favorites so far. I enjoy being surprised by the weird and unexpected.

I wanted to comment on every post, but I also want to be sure I give meaningful comments. So for some that I don’t really know what to say… I may not. And it doesn’t mean they are bad! It’s just I don’t always think I have anything worth saying. Plus I’m usually reading on the train with spotty wifi. So I think I’ll comment when I have something to say and not pressure myself when I don’t, otherwise I might burn out on it all.

It is scary putting yourself out there. I’m loving the comments on my entry though, I’m so glad that this season is so active so far. It’s really encouraging. I’m glad I signed up.

(no subject)

From: [personal profile] gardeningatnight - Date: 2026-09-19 06:39 pm (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

From: [personal profile] pixiebelle - Date: 2026-09-19 07:00 pm (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

From: [personal profile] gardeningatnight - Date: 2026-09-19 07:14 pm (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

From: [personal profile] pixiebelle - Date: 2026-09-19 07:22 pm (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

From: [personal profile] gardeningatnight - Date: 2026-09-19 07:32 pm (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

From: [personal profile] pixiebelle - Date: 2026-09-19 07:53 pm (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

From: [personal profile] halfshellvenus - Date: 2026-09-19 06:42 pm (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

From: [personal profile] pixiebelle - Date: 2026-09-19 06:53 pm (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

From: [personal profile] halfshellvenus - Date: 2026-09-19 09:16 pm (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

From: [personal profile] pixiebelle - Date: 2026-09-19 09:26 pm (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

From: [personal profile] kizzy - Date: 2026-09-19 09:03 pm (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

From: [personal profile] roina_arwen - Date: 2026-09-19 08:18 pm (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

From: [personal profile] pixiebelle - Date: 2026-09-19 08:35 pm (UTC) - Expand

Date: 2026-09-19 06:39 pm (UTC)
halfshellvenus: (Default)
From: [personal profile] halfshellvenus
Can't read ahead because I'm still working on what to write! I started something on Wednesday that was the wrong genre for week 1 and also stalled out. Then a non-fiction idea that wants to run, but which a lot of people would find potentially offensive. Then another non-fiction idea that is mostly written but is kind of long... and one I floated up today that's going nowhere. Yay!

I.e., unable to read ahead due to being behind on the actual assignment.

And 75 people is already daunting to me! I know from way too much experience how hard it is to read that many entries. *cries*

Date: 2026-09-19 06:42 pm (UTC)
gardeningatnight: (Default)
From: [personal profile] gardeningatnight
There's a wrong genre for Week 1?

(no subject)

From: [personal profile] halfshellvenus - Date: 2026-09-19 06:43 pm (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

From: [personal profile] gardeningatnight - Date: 2026-09-19 07:19 pm (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

From: [personal profile] halfshellvenus - Date: 2026-09-19 09:18 pm (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

From: [personal profile] roina_arwen - Date: 2026-09-19 08:16 pm (UTC) - Expand

Date: 2026-09-19 07:02 pm (UTC)
pixiebelle: (Default)
From: [personal profile] pixiebelle
I love horror, and also, I like pieces that are controversial so part of me wants to encourage you to do either of those ideas :) I’m curious how it’s offensive ngl.

But yeah, I’m glad I got mine in early. Otherwise I wouldn’t be able to read everyone once the poll went up. I’m forcing myself not to overthink or over edit. I know that doing what I did isn’t exactly popular in Idol but it’s what I wanted to write. I’m happy with it.

(no subject)

From: [personal profile] hafnia - Date: 2026-09-19 07:17 pm (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

From: [personal profile] pixiebelle - Date: 2026-09-19 07:24 pm (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

From: [personal profile] hafnia - Date: 2026-09-19 07:27 pm (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

From: [personal profile] pixiebelle - Date: 2026-09-19 07:31 pm (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

From: [personal profile] gardeningatnight - Date: 2026-09-19 07:39 pm (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

From: [personal profile] pixiebelle - Date: 2026-09-19 08:00 pm (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

From: [personal profile] gardeningatnight - Date: 2026-09-19 07:41 pm (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

From: [personal profile] halfshellvenus - Date: 2026-09-19 09:20 pm (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

From: [personal profile] pixiebelle - Date: 2026-09-19 09:28 pm (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

From: [personal profile] halfshellvenus - Date: 2026-09-20 01:14 am (UTC) - Expand

Date: 2026-09-19 07:18 pm (UTC)
hafnia: Animated drawing of a flickering fire with a pair of eyes peeping out of it, from the film Howl's Moving Castle. (Default)
From: [personal profile] hafnia
Honestly week 1 is when I feel safest experimenting, because the field is so wide, my odds of being eliminated are that much lower! :)

(no subject)

From: [personal profile] gardeningatnight - Date: 2026-09-19 07:20 pm (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

From: [personal profile] pixiebelle - Date: 2026-09-19 07:26 pm (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

From: [personal profile] roina_arwen - Date: 2026-09-19 08:14 pm (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

From: [personal profile] bsgsix - Date: 2026-09-19 09:33 pm (UTC) - Expand

Date: 2026-09-19 09:35 pm (UTC)
bsgsix: (Default)
From: [personal profile] bsgsix
I would be happy to read horror AND non-fic - both are very up my alley! I hope inspiration strikes for you and you find what works. You are so very creative; the idea is in there somewhere! <3

Date: 2026-09-19 06:59 pm (UTC)
bleodswean: (birthday)
From: [personal profile] bleodswean
Drive-by birthday wishes, G! Here's to now and the future, my friend!!!

Date: 2026-09-19 08:13 pm (UTC)
roina_arwen: Lilo and Stitch on the beach (Lilo & Stitch - Beach)
From: [personal profile] roina_arwen
I’ve done some chores this morning—gave two rooster lawn ornaments a “scrubble” bath, because they needed a good scrub before they can be repainted (dirt, grime, flaking paint); got my car washed, including tending to the inside dust bunnies and smudged windows, got a haircut, and got a long-overdue pedicure with sparkly teal polish so that my toes will look at least as good as the roosters do! 👣
Edited Date: 2026-09-19 08:13 pm (UTC)

Date: 2026-09-19 09:32 pm (UTC)
bsgsix: (Default)
From: [personal profile] bsgsix
Happy weekend, all!

After a really great day yesterday (new haircut that makes me feel wonderful, time on our local canal people-watching in the sun and breeze, and a beautiful surprise wedding gift from a dear friend in the mail) - today has been rough. I woke up sick, unable to breathe, and realized my immune system is still pretty weak, so my adventures yesterday, while fun, must have worn me down.

On top of that, the person who I paid to make my wedding gown backed out. I asked for a photo of what had happened since he said it was getting "too complicated" (I know how to sew, and was curious), and nothing happened. I'm now not going to have this dress I had hoped for, and while that seems selfish, it's the one thing I really wanted for myself for the wedding day. Music is sorted, the guys are sorted, the guest list is coming together... this one thing was supposed to be for me, and now, it's just NOT.

I'll get over it. I will! It just hurts today. Sickness makes things feel worse than they are.

Today was also Batman Day, so, my fiancé and kiddo went to the comic store here and grabbed a bunch of things, so that's fun for them!

Date: 2026-09-20 01:17 am (UTC)
halfshellvenus: (Default)
From: [personal profile] halfshellvenus
I'm so sorry, both about the illness and the wedding dress. :(

I hope you feel better soon, and the fact that the guy hasn't responded to you about the dress makes me think that what was "complicated" was that he hadn't even started it!

I don't know what your new haircut looks like, but I like the one in your icon very much! It's a great look for you. :)

(no subject)

From: [personal profile] bsgsix - Date: 2026-09-20 03:30 am (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

From: [personal profile] tonithegreat - Date: 2026-09-21 02:27 am (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

From: [personal profile] bsgsix - Date: 2026-09-21 04:06 am (UTC) - Expand

Date: 2026-09-19 09:42 pm (UTC)
From: [personal profile] imafarmgirl
Happy weekend all. I meant to post earlier but I fell asleep for two hours. Now I'm up and recharged with iced coffee and ready to read and comment some more. I'm glad I got my entry done last night during the night. Now I can breathe freely again.

I am still trying to talk a few people into competing in this season but having no luck. I'm working heavily on three of them who don't think they are good enough, but I call B.S. on that.

Date: 2026-09-20 02:54 am (UTC)
onda_bianca: (Default)
From: [personal profile] onda_bianca
Heyyyyyy. I actually remembered to check here and didn't get kicked out before the first round!

Weekend plans: I somehow became a soccer mom so I went to two games and am now working on things for the week for my class.

Date: 2026-09-20 02:57 am (UTC)
onda_bianca: (Default)
From: [personal profile] onda_bianca
Also...I have never had a dreamwidth journal before joining here, is there NOT a like button on journals? I keep searching for one!

Date: 2026-09-21 04:06 am (UTC)
supremegoddessofall: (Default)
From: [personal profile] supremegoddessofall
there is not.

Date: 2026-09-20 07:55 am (UTC)
kizzy: (Default)
From: [personal profile] kizzy
I have to be at work in an hour, so I'm sitting here with coffee. I haven't had time to more the backyard and it's lready a jungle. It'll be even more so after the storm forecasted for later today. Pfft :p

On the bright side I made what's called "white ragu" for dinner last night. Basically meat sauce with nothing tomsto over pasta, the meat being both sweet and hot Italian sausage. The original recipe calls for sautéed mushrooms which I didn't have plus heavy cream which I don't use to finish. It was good, not great, but everyone likes it enough to have it for leftovers (yay finally).

Date: 2026-09-20 11:05 pm (UTC)
supremegoddessofall: (Default)
From: [personal profile] supremegoddessofall
My post is up. I feel like I was last minuting it a bit but I needed a day when I could give it the headspace it needed, and that wasn't until today.

In general, ya'll are likely to find that I don't comment a lotin Green Rooms or elsewhere. Two full-time jobs, a toddler, learning Spanish, and mandatory-self-care-by-reading-every-night, so it's not that I don't love ya'll, it's just that something has to give. I promise you, I care, and I will be reading all of the entries every week.

Date: 2026-09-20 11:25 pm (UTC)
adoptedwriter: (Default)
From: [personal profile] adoptedwriter
We babysat the Grandpeople, I got yard chores done, got a mani-pedi and the Bengals won! That’s my weekend!

Date: 2026-09-21 02:35 am (UTC)
tonithegreat: (Default)
From: [personal profile] tonithegreat
I didn’t get enough done this weekend and the Sunday scaries are real here! I got my entry up, but I’m number 53! We have an abundance of overachievers already! How on earth am I going to keep up and comment adequately here?

Calming breaths.

I got some yardwork done and my girls finally showed me parts of their Common App entries and I hope I provided worthwhile feedback. I also had to hit the laundromat because our drier is on the fritz. Very soon it will be Monday. So it goes.

Date: 2026-09-21 03:40 am (UTC)
commodityfetishx: (Default)
From: [personal profile] commodityfetishx
53!! i read a few already but damn 53 is gonna be rough. i better start now. i think it'll help me write mine too tbh.

Date: 2026-09-21 03:39 am (UTC)
commodityfetishx: (Default)
From: [personal profile] commodityfetishx
it was a busy weekend for me! friday night i had work till 1030pm, but i think i wrote some when i got home; i organize a community event the third saturday afternoon of every month, so this saturday, then i worked all day till 1030pm; then today i had off but i spent it doing chores, dyeing my hair, other random irl stuff. i got to work on my piece a bit last night, & i'm hoping to finish it tonight since i got my 4yo to bed early. i try to sneak in writing but i really need to feel like i have a solid chunk or i can't get into it. i brought my laptop to work since i'd have some down time working alone but i didn't even bother trying knowing i'd have to deal with people coming in all day / night. i'm really hoping to finish it tonight, i don't mind scrambling & i work well under pressure but i don't want to be a last minute submission!
i have some old lj friends that i might try to convince to join, we're irl friends too, i saw them last weekend, but i honestly have no idea if either of them still write / journal.

Profile

therealljidol: (Default)
LJ Idol 20 Anniversary

September 2026

S M T W T F S
   1 2 3 45
67 8 9 1011 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27282930   

General Housekeeping

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 27th, 2026 03:28 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios