Green Room - Week 3 - Day 10
Oct. 21st, 2026 12:41 pm The EXTENDED deadline for this week is quickly approaching and there are still quite a few who haven't submitted yet and a few who have already blown through their byes or using the last one this week! therealljidol.dreamwidth.org/1236482.html
Make sure you are not one of those people!!!
***
I'm TOTALLY not taking it personally and in a spiral of feeling rejected!*
(*Note: I'm actually not, but maybe I can guilt people into submitting their entries. Is it working???)
***
It's therapy today, so of course this is on my mind - What's something you like about yourself?
(No. I'm not going to steal yours and use it. Although, that would save time! :D Just want to throw some positivity out there into the world. )
***
Happy FESTeve!!! (the night before I go to Gainesville for Pre-FEST, and then of course FEST, but NOT Post-FEST. As far as I know, that's not a thing)
Make sure you are not one of those people!!!
***
I'm TOTALLY not taking it personally and in a spiral of feeling rejected!*
(*Note: I'm actually not, but maybe I can guilt people into submitting their entries. Is it working???)
***
It's therapy today, so of course this is on my mind - What's something you like about yourself?
(No. I'm not going to steal yours and use it. Although, that would save time! :D Just want to throw some positivity out there into the world. )
***
Happy FESTeve!!! (the night before I go to Gainesville for Pre-FEST, and then of course FEST, but NOT Post-FEST. As far as I know, that's not a thing)
no subject
Date: 2026-10-21 05:45 pm (UTC)There are a lot of things I like about myself, but if I had to highlight one thing right now, I think that it's that I've somehow developed an air of authority without even trying, like people see me perform and that's enough for them to want to ask me for advice or to teach them things. I don't feel like an authority (which is why I don't go around acting like I am), so it's just interesting to me when people see me differently than I see myself.
This past week I taught some improv to a small group of women and only one person had improv experience - she's been doing it for years, and yet had never done the exercises I took them through. This came about just because one of them had watched me do improv one time and said she wanted to learn from me. Today I had someone I've done improv with here contact me asking for advice on how to make an improv festival here, so I'm going to meet with him to discuss my experience with festivals and what I think might work.
Edit: how did I still manage first with multiple paragraphs?!
no subject
Date: 2026-10-21 06:14 pm (UTC)(no subject)
From:no subject
Date: 2026-10-21 08:47 pm (UTC)(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:no subject
Date: 2026-10-21 05:48 pm (UTC)I dropped a loaded barbell on my face yesterday - this is just in keeping with how the week is going otherwise, and how I feel about the deadline, of course. (Nothing broken, just bruised...and embarrassed.)
no subject
Date: 2026-10-21 06:03 pm (UTC)Dan
(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:no subject
Date: 2026-10-21 06:15 pm (UTC)I’m also an overthinker. I research everything to death so I am usually well-informed too. Like when I had cancer, I had to know EVERYTHING. Now I help others with it.
(no subject)
From:no subject
Date: 2026-10-21 06:17 pm (UTC)(no subject)
From:no subject
Date: 2026-10-21 06:23 pm (UTC)(no subject)
From:no subject
Date: 2026-10-21 06:58 pm (UTC)(no subject)
From:no subject
Date: 2026-10-21 08:18 pm (UTC)Are you okay? I cannot even imagine.
(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:no subject
Date: 2026-10-21 08:48 pm (UTC)(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:no subject
Date: 2026-10-21 05:52 pm (UTC)Not in the best place myself today. It's a gorgeous Autumn day; the sun is shining, the trees are almost done shedding their summer wear, and the sky is the same blue as this background. What have I got to complain about? Not much, really, but...
I might have to use my second bye; I'm knitting for a friend, and my body is strongly objecting and demanding a day off. Oh, and I received a package notice, and I can't remember ordering anything that would come in the mail.
Did you send me cookies, Gary? :-)
no subject
Date: 2026-10-21 06:02 pm (UTC)Dan
(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:no subject
Date: 2026-10-21 05:54 pm (UTC)It's kind of a reflection of my username, MuchTooArrogant, although a bit milder. I like the fact that I have plenty of confidence because I think that's served me pretty well in life.
Dan
no subject
Date: 2026-10-21 07:45 pm (UTC)(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:no subject
Date: 2026-10-21 06:06 pm (UTC)Im pleased with myself for having not used a bye yet. It means I'm doing better than the last time I signed up for a season. :D
Something I like about myself is how my brain makes connections across unusual and unlikely topics. And just that it's a very engaged and curious brain that likes to learn and play with ideas.
no subject
Date: 2026-10-21 06:09 pm (UTC)Correct.
There are definitely going to be some people who signed up and then wandered off leaving next week. The next two weeks after that are going to be telling though on who can work without a net!
(no subject)
From:Byes are good until....
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:no subject
Date: 2026-10-21 06:19 pm (UTC)My ex husband told me I’d never live in California, and I’d never live in a country where the native language isn’t English (both things I wanted). He said that things like that didn’t happen to people like me. I kept him on my Facebook just so he can see how wrong he was. (I lived in California for a decade, and I’ve lived in France for six years and now I’m a citizen).
no subject
Date: 2026-10-21 06:56 pm (UTC)(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:no subject
Date: 2026-10-21 06:37 pm (UTC)Something I like about myself is persistence. Sometimes that bleeds over into stubbornness, but usually it's just helpful for continuing through adversity.
Today, I just feel thwarted. My work PC will have to be re-imaged, so I can't get ANY meaningful work done. And the guy who is supposed to do that only works certain days of the week, so he wasn't in yesterday and apparently has decided to take a random day off today. Argh! If I'd known this was coming, I would have ordered a new PC yesterday. At this rate, it will take about as long to ship to me as I'll have wasted trying to get the current one somehow fixed.
Also, in random news... our son's Halloween pumpkin that he carved on Sunday has already collapsed into rot on the kitchen counter. Thank goodness he's 27 and not 7!
no subject
Date: 2026-10-21 08:29 pm (UTC)I guess I also have that. It doesn't always feel like it, because I will "give up" a lot... but then a while later, I often end up dusting myself off and trying again. And I guess that still counts, even if it's on a less recognizable time scale.
(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:no subject
Date: 2026-10-21 06:53 pm (UTC)Uhhhhh - I like that I can make things with my hands. That’s what I’ve got.
no subject
Date: 2026-10-21 07:06 pm (UTC)I think especially, though, that you are good at creating supportive spaces.
Also that you have a fantastic sense of humor.
(no subject)
From:no subject
Date: 2026-10-21 07:01 pm (UTC)BUT I could tell you many things I like about others! Including you, G! I hope you have a good session and a good day!
no subject
Date: 2026-10-21 07:40 pm (UTC)I really intended to write something but honestly, I got swallowed up in work and life. I made the decision to give my notice at my job this week because teaching has sucked out my creativity and turned it into... well... coprolite. I adore teaching itself, but I'm sacrificing too much.
no subject
Date: 2026-10-21 07:42 pm (UTC)I admire that you were able to recognize how bad things felt and had the bravery to make a change. <3
(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:no subject
Date: 2026-10-21 08:32 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2026-10-21 08:47 pm (UTC)(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:no subject
Date: 2026-10-21 08:40 pm (UTC)ETA: I didn't notice the prompt about something I like about myself. I would say I like the fact that I'm compassionate. It's one of the things my aqua fitness students like about me, to be sure.
no subject
Date: 2026-10-21 10:04 pm (UTC)A thing I like about myself: I have managed to maintain a strong resolve about some things that are important to me in this crazy life. Resolve is rarely a trait that makes life easier, but it does prevent things from getting boring!
Also, I figured out how to upload pictures using DW’s native system today, so now I can illustrate entries more easily this season.
My apologies that I ended up in a big rush today, so I think I may have failed on describing the pictures with appropriately tagged up alt text. But maybe I can get that figured out this evening and do better next time.
no subject
Date: 2026-10-22 03:24 am (UTC)Hmmm.. I hate questions about what I like about myself... Cause I really don't like me. But an individual trait I can tolerate is my intelligence... But even that seems to be less and less lately.
*shrug* need more therapy.
no subject
Date: 2026-10-22 05:11 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2026-10-22 11:30 pm (UTC)